Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tell Me Thursday. Moose - encounters.

The "Wordless Wednesday" picture was taken near Camas Creek as a bull moose attempted to hide from me in the tall reeds.  He would lay his head on the ground and then would peer at me through the reeds.  He actually blended in very well. 
Below are some pictures of other encounters with moose.  Enjoy.


I encountered this small bull last night as I was scouting for deer and elk.  His body language said "You are close enough.



Here are two bulls I encountered on the desert.



This picture was taken a couple of years ago at Swan Lake early in the morning as the fog was coming off the water.



This picture was taken this summer when a bull moose was being hounded by insects.  He ran into Swan Lake and dove into the water.


And then he laid there with just his head above water.

I believe the most dangerous animal in the outdoors in Idaho is a cow moose with a calf.  I have been chased by them, treed by them, hid in willows from them and got in battles with them.
Just more fun in the wilds in Idaho.

9 comments:

Melitsa said...

Lovely pics.Thanks for sharing.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My----I'd love to see a moose sometime--but wouldn't want one chasing me... Yipes--that's more scary than a black bear!!!!

Great pictures of the bull moose... HUGE racks!!!!!

I guess all female animals will do whatever they can to protect their young.

Thanks, Bill.
Betsy

Carol said...

I hope you had your camera with you up that tree...would love to see those pics.

As truck drivers we passed thru Idaho many many times. Beautiful country.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com

Janie said...

Great shots, especially that first one, where the bull looks so majestic. Sounds like you have a lot of tales to tell of you and all those mama moose!

Sunny said...

Great pictures. They are big animals! I almost had a collision with a moose in Montana!
Sunny :)

Grayquill said...

I had no idea there were Moose in Idaho. Great pictures - I now want to hear those Moose stories.

Veronica Wald said...

Wow, love the Swan Lake capture!!

Jann said...

Really nice shots, how fun to see moose...meese?...where you live. I got home from my trip today; was nice to see Idaho and Montana, and Oregon and Calif., but am so glad to be home. Mom and I stayed the night in Coeur d'Alene two nights ago. Would love to explore that area some more.

Tammie Lee said...

you have some magic light in your wonderful moose photos.