Monday, December 1, 2014

Retirement

Today was my first day of retirement after 29 years of teaching high school, coaching and other great fun activities.  So I decided to spend it out in the wilds of Idaho.  So I headed for one of my favorite places: Camas National Wildlife Refuge.  There I located a lot of wild things.

Four antlerless White-tailed deer.
 
A golden eagle.

 
A buck White-tailed deer.

 
Four different Great-horned owls.

 
Also I saw four Bald eagles, pheasants, four bull elk, cottontail rabbits,  Red-winged blackbirds, horned larks and the newly arrived Rough-legged hawks.
 
I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Congratulations on the first day of the rest of your life! Thanks for sharing your outing: I love the images, especially the owl. Greetings. Jo

Monts said...

Hi Bill
Congratulations on the retirement,and looks as though you've started it off in great style.
Those are great images, love the Horned Owl.
So here's wishing you many many more WILD DAYS in IDAHO. Enjoy

Wilma said...

A great start to your retirement! Being retired is wonderful- I'm sure you will take full advantage of it. Cheers!

Bekkieann said...

Congratulations on your retirement. It's been a year for me, now, and I have loved it all. You will find you don't have as much "free" time as you thought you would. Love these pictures. All the best to you in your coming adventures!

TexWisGirl said...

congratulations on retirement!!