Sunday, June 12, 2011

Washington DC

I spent the last week in Washington DC, Gettysburg, Williamsburg and Mount Vernon.  There were 32 of us that went back for the TAH Grant that I am the coordinator for.  We had a great time and I got some life-birds on the trip.  Our hotel was just a block away from the National Mall so we had opportunities to visit all the sites there.


Here is our high school social studies department where Pickett made his famous charge.  I am the one with my arms folded.


My favorite bird was the Cardinal and we saw a lot of them.  This male tried to join us for lunch.


Every day it was very hot.  Even this Blue Jay is being bothered by the tempertures over 95 degrees.


Here is the whole group of us except our grant directore, Janet, who was taking the picture on Little Round Top at Gettysburg.


We had a great time.  But it was not as wild as in the wilds of Idaho.

4 comments:

Janie said...

You managed to find a couple of wild birds to share. Glad you had a nice trip.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It looks like you had a nice trip.

Monts said...

Hi Bill looks as if you had a superb trip and good company, and wild birds to.
That Cardinal is a real cracker.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sounds like a great trip and maybe a reason to leave the wilds of Idaho for a short while!

The first time we saw a cardinal I practically made Bill stop in the middle of the highway. We've seen quite a few since, but I'll never forget that first sighting. Oregon doesn't have those beautiful red birds after all.