Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend means fishing.

Last Friday I fished for the first time since March and it was the first fly fishing of the season for me.  It was rainy and cold or should I say it was rainy-snow and cold.  I had most of Island Park Reservoir to myself and a few fish were hitting.  The surprise of the day was an 18 inch brook trout that hit my Beadhead Electric Leech.

Getting soaked three times in two hours was not that much fun, but the seven fish caught was a great way to spend another wild day in Idaho.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It is good to see you back with your great blog. That big trout looks terrific.

Gaelyn said...

I once read, "a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work." Glad you could get out and withstand the cold.

Monts said...

That Brook Trout is a beauty Bill well worth all the discomfort.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That's a great looking fish. Me and my family are headed up to Idaho Falls next week to see my Dad and our annual family reunion. I probably won't be fishing though.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I think it would be worth it! And I'm not even that much of a fisherman! I'll remember to point this post out to Bill -- heck we might be visiting Idaho sooner than I thought ;>)

troutbirder said...

That would be about twice as big as most brookies in our little feeder streams. Way to go!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Looks like you caught your meal for the day, maybe even more. I do not fish, yet when family and friends do and want to share, I never complain. Have a great week~

Janie said...

I'm glad you had such a successful day on the lake!

Harold Stiver said...

That's a beauty, well worth some bad weather. Well done!

Lucy said...

Nice fish! Makes me jealous because I don't have the time to fish on a regular basis! Oh well! It's on my retirement list!